Thursday, September 27, 2012

Vringo Comments on U.S. Patent Office Action

Vringo Comments on U.S. Patent Office Action

"Vringo, Inc. (NYSE MKT: VRNG), a company engaged in the innovation, development and monetization of mobile technologies and intellectual property, today released the following statement:
This afternoon, Vringo's wholly-owned subsidiary, I/P Engine, Inc. received notice of an initial Office Action at the U.S. Patent Office ("USPTO") with respect to Google, Inc.'s Ex Parte request for Reexamination of U.S. Patent No. 6,314,420 (the "420 Patent").
I/P Engine acquired the 420 Patent from Lycos, Inc., and it is one of the two patents-in-suit in I/P Engine vs. AOL, Google et al.
Since the inception of the lawsuit, I/P Engine expected Google to seek reexamination because it is a standard and typical tactic used by defendants in patent litigation cases.
Today's action is an initial step in a process that ordinarily takes several years. It is not the USPTO's final action. At this point, the USPTO has only heard from Google. I/P Engine looks forward to sharing its input with the USPTO by November 25, 2012. I/P Engine believes that it will be successful in obtaining re-confirmation of the 420 Patent.
I/P Engine does not believe this will result in any delay of the trial, which remains scheduled to commence on October 16, 2012."

No comments:

Post a Comment